Travels & Connectivity by a yogicmummy

Mummy how long are you going away?

Such a hard thing to hear and explain to children who have no real concept of time but know that you are going away for a good for days. And boy this time its a long trip...Bordeaux, Paris, Redon, Nantes, Paris de nouveau...... Ooooffff even i am tired thinking about it
And being seperated from my babies, trying to stay connected to them and to myself and my practice as i travel is a real challenge

So i had an idea
Every evening i phone up when Clémentine is tucked up in bed and Mélodie can listen in. They give me the ingredients for a "make up story" and off i go. I close my eyes and tell them a story i know they will love with magic and horses and secret passages and a Mummy who is there with them in the story and i can feel their eyes lighting up as they travel with me along the make up way... As we fly through the air or play with wolves or chat under fruit trees to horses that talk

It is simply so special to share those moments and it helps me too ever evening to connect to them and feel their presence so close despite where i am

So as i head up to Paris on yet another train i can still be with them as they wait expectantly for the next episode.....

And my practice?
The same thing i wait until i can roll out a mat. Place my body in downward dog, breath and reconnect
Perfect to know that no matter where you are you can connect and breath, you can tell your children that you love them to the end of the universe and back and they can sleep wrapped up safe in that knowledge

Namaste

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

This is the story of a Girl

Its the year of the horse…..